Job Title : Support Care Worker - Bridgwater
“It doesn’t feel like work if you love what you do”.
Experience tells us that the people who are successful in this type of work possess key qualities, including:
- Good communication and the ability to relate well to other people.
- Ability to support and motivate others.
- Emotional resilience, flexible and calm.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player.
We welcome applicants who have previous experience and qualifications as a Care Assistant, Domiciliary Care Worker, Care Worker and Elderly Care Worker, Health Carer, Health Care Assistant and Residential Care Worker.
About the Role
You will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred care and support to adults with autism and complex needs, which will involve supporting activities in their home and community, developing independence, life skills, as well as supporting personal care and general household duties such as cooking and cleaning. You will receive high quality induction and ongoing training, so no qualifications or previous care experience is necessary.
- Our services operate 24/7, so you will be required to work shifts on a rota basis, hours vary varied from service to service but are typically between 07:00 – 22:30 you will be notified a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- You will be required to work a proportion of weekends, sleeping in and on calls.
- Due to operational requirements we are unable to provide school hour shift patterns.
- We may also be unable to accommodate non drivers and/or non swimmers. However, this is dependent on operational requirements at the time of application and is reviewed on a regular basis.
Pay & Benefits
- £8.11 per hour with annual increments for length of service up to £8.51.
- Sleep in rate of £46.00, plus on call payments.
- Contracted hours (no zero hours contracts) for full-time or part-time (min 24 hours).
- Double time for bank holidays.
- Generous staff discount scheme (e.g. Sainsbury’s, Tesco, B&Q, PC World, clothes, holidays).
- Childcare Voucher scheme.
- Excellent induction, training and development programme.
We have fantastic development and progression opportunities and actively encourage the development of our staff teams.
Interested in us then APPLY NOW. We respond to all enquiries on the day, except after 17:00 or at a weekend where your enquiry will be dealt with on the next working day.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.